It seems now more than ever, sayings like “SHTF” and “BUGGIN’ OUT” are common place. Especially to us “enlightened ones”. There is so much to consider when we are talking about pulling up roots because of a catastrophe. Where should we go? Who should we take with us? Do I have everything I’ll need for myself and my family? Is my Bug Out bag packed and ready like it should be? There are just so many things to think about that it can get very over whelming. Your every waking hour is spent on “prepping” for this very thing.
Well let’s say that you can finally take a break from all your worry because you are ahead of the game. You are PREPARED. You have a (BO) location to go to. You have made your decision on what friends and family you will include in your (BO) plan. Your (BO) pack is already in your (BO) vehicle. You have your plan together!
So…when will you be “buggin’ out”?
Well, for those of us who are preparing for a natural disaster, the time to go is pretty obvious. In this case, leaving the comforts of home will depend on when THE BIG ONE hits.
Maybe you are waiting for the next inevidable EMP to knock us all off line and close down the power grid as we know it. In this case, roughing it would depend on the day that happens. But, what about those of us who are expecting an economic breakdown to throw our cities and towns into civil unrest? How do we know for sure when the right time for us to go is? My wife always says she doesn’t want to PURPOSELY live in hardship until we absolutely have to. Otherwise, I’d have us all living in a tent somewhere.
I can tell you that I have a special place in the pit of my stomach for this very decision. It seems every day we are closer and closer to the reality of martial law. There are those that would say “the time to go is before THEY come knocking door to door”. This is true but very vague. I suppose everyone may have different fears or “triggers” that will get them up and out the door sooner than others. I thought I’d share my point of view on this.
Now at this point, I should tell you that I have not been fortunate enough to purchase land. I don’t have a FOR SURE spot we will be going. I live smack dab in the middle of a city so the one thing that is FOR SURE is that we won’t be staying here. ‘Head fer’ the hills’, ‘higher ground’, whatever, just not here.
Recently there was a discussion on a sister “PN” where my city locals were talking about this very thing. It got me thinking. There seems to be many people unsure of what exact signs to look for to tell them it’s time. Here are my “triggers” that I will be looking for. I hope this helps put things into perspective or gives better insight to what you should be watching for in your home town and across our great country in general.
- Ridiculously sharp rise in gasoline – that would be a tactic to keep us all in place.
- upcoming election
- food shortages at your local grocery stores. We’ve seen this in the past yes. Some shelves might be empty of bread, or other items. You may even hear something on the EVENING NEWS about shortages. So far, these occurrences have righted themselves. Something to consider however is this: the trucks that carry your milk to your local stores are not the same trucks that bring you produce. If you notice a variety of items missing from the shelves, this can’t be explained away by blaming one particular trucking company of not making their rounds on time. Something like this where produce and dairy and breads all missing from the shelves, might also be a sign that things are about to go from bad to worse!
- your local prisons (which by all exterior signs look to have been closed for years) all of a sudden are being manned. Not for the prison populations either. This may be a good sign that FEMA is setting up camp in your backyard. You might want to get familiar with what prisons are near you in the first place. This isn’t something the average person ever thinks about. But, where do you think the general population of people will be held if and when a government take over happens? That’s right, the already available prison sites. You can find quite a bit of information online about FEMA prison camps. Some say conspiracy theories. I say it can’t hurt to be informed. What if it turns out to be more truthful than anyone ever thought it would? Besides , if “closed down” prisons all of a sudden have traffic and visible guards on duty, and on the local level, no one is talking about the prison reopening, what the hell are the guards doing there? Common sense questions to ask.
- Local law enforcement start rounding up weapons door to door
- obvious rioting and then of course martial law
If you feel that I’ve that missed something here please feel free to comment. The more AWARE and AWAKE we all are the better off we will all be.