Sometimes buying the perfect gift for a prepper or non-prepper can be difficult. I try to gear gifts for my loved ones towards items that can help them and be useful year round, as well as in an emergency. Sometimes this can be hard if you’re on a budget so I have put together a list of items I find to be affordable when it comes to gift giving for a prepper. These are also a list of my personal favorites as well.
- Mason Jar Oil Lamp Burners: Convert your Mason Jars into conventional oil lamps! These come in a pack of four and are lids that fit on mason jars to turn them into oil lamps for when the electricity is out and we need to see. For any canner these are a perfect gift because they always have jars. If the person you wish to give these to is or isn’t a prepper you can add some jars and a jug of lamp oil and your good to go for light when the power fails. Another idea: Last year I bought a case of 12 mason jars ($16.00), 12 of the Mason Jar Oil Lamp Lids ($60.00), and 12 Jugs of lamp oil ($96.00) and made 12 gift bags for 12 people and all for about $170.00 in supplies. You can’t beat that if you have multiple people to buy gifts for. You can of course omit the oil and your cost drops to $76.00 for 12 gifts for 12 people.
- Heirloom Seeds: For the gardener people out there, here is an heirloom, non GMO, high-protein seed pack set for $25.00. Any welcome addition to a preppers collection! This set features 10 varieties of seeds that are selected to generate high amounts of protein in a short growing season. You can harvest more seeds year after year to add to your storage collection and store them in he 8×8 Mylar zip seal bag that is included. Another option is this #10 can of 20 variety types of Non Hybrid, heirloom seeds to add to your storage pantry. This can offers a variety of fruits and vegetables.
- Revive Series Solar Charger: This is one of my personal favorites. For an unbelievable price of $28.00 this little baby will recharge your e-book readers, Mp3 players,smart phones and other USB powered devices. A must have for any BOB or for use while camping or hiking if your addicted to your electronics. Another option for those who have a little more money to spend and prefer the solar panel chargers, here is an affordable Goal Zero Nomad product.
- 159 Piece First Responder First Aid Kit: I know, I know, we like to build our own first aid kit. However, I have to give this one its prop’s and if you scroll way down to the bottom on the product page, you will see why. The items in this bag (And might I add, an AWESOME bag) are not your typical store-bought first aid items. Here is one woman’s review: “I did some research on first aid kits to find one for my car. I originally thought I would have to build a kit on my own because I couldn’t find one that had everything you would need for a real emergency–until I found this. This kit has stuff for small injuries and for large emergencies. My husband is a certified EMT and uses this kit when he is off work. I bought it thinking it would be a great thing to have for my accident-prone children, but my husband soon took it because he liked it so much. We have used it for small “boo-boo’s” and for when my husband splashed gas into his eyes ~don’t ask. Thankfully, we haven’t used it for a big emergency, but it gives great comfort knowing that we are prepared if anything should happen.”
- 4 Gallon Water Counter top Filtration System: This system will filter 1000 gallons of water into premium alkaline mineral drinking water. The micro-ceramic filter contains millions of tiny pores that measure 0.2-0.5 micron in size, which removes up to 99% bacteria, trap harmful contaminates, parasites, and effectively reduces man-made chemicals, pesticides, herbicides and toxins. At $80.00 this system will pay for itself in 2 months. The ceramic filter life is 1,000 gallons or 1 year, 5-stage Filter is 500 gallons or 6 months.
- Excalibur 2500 Food Dehydrator: This dehydrator is awesome! It has a built-in thermometer and fan along with a 5 year warranty. This one does run on the power grid, and is a little pricier at $180.00, but is the perfect gift for the loved one who loves to preserve food for food storage. If you’re looking for something a little more traditional that doesn’t use electricity, the Food Pantry Hanging Dehydrator made by Food Pantry is an alternative.
- Cody Lundin’s New book “When All Hell Breaks Loose”: This article got an excellent review by one of our own here at American Preppers Network as an excellent book for beginners and seasoned survivalists. She said it covers pretty much everything in one book. At a cost of $13.00 dollars, it would make a wonderful gift for those who need a little convincing that they need to get prepared as well as for the preppers who need to learn a little bit more.
- Katadyn Micro Pro Micro Water Filter: This filter is one of the bestselling micro filters on the market. It is perfect for camping and hiking. It is lightweight and small and you can filter water directly from a stream or river. This product will filter 200 gallons of water at an affordable cost.
- Victorio VKP250 Food Strainer: I personally CAN many different types of berry jelly and jams and I HATE the seeds. Food Strainers work by quickly separating fruit from skin, seeds and stems. This is an awesome time saver for anyone who loves to CAN their own foods or preserve foods. It also makes great sauces, juices, purees, and jams without the painful peeling and coring that would normally take hours depending on what you’re canning.
There is also an awesome accessory kit to go with it if you so choose to give your loved one more products to work with.
- Victorio VKP250 Food Strainer 4 Piece Accessory Kit: A great addition to the food strainer listed under number 9. This kit includes a berry screen, a pumpkin screen, a salsa screen, and a grape spiral.
- 100 + Emergency clear Mist Candle: This handy “candle” will outlast a 3 day emergency. Burns liquid paraffin for over 100 hours of light. It is also odorless and smokeless, making it a great emergency light source.
- Life Straw: It is perfect for the ultralight backpacker, camper, hiker, traveler, boy scout, hunter or for emergencies. Unlike many similar filters on the market today, LifeStraw® has met EPA standards for water filtration in independent testing. LifeStraw® has been used around the world under extreme conditions for humanitarian relief.
- Ambient Weather Hand Crank Radio: Emergency Solar Hand Crank AM/FM/NOAA Digital Radio, Flashlight, Cell Phone Charger with NOAA Certified Weather Alert & Cables. A must for any emergency toolkit, Bug Out Bag, or just hanging out at the beach, the ADVENTURER combines multiple emergency features into one compact package.
- Wonder Wash: An Electric Free way to wash 5lbs of your clothes!
- Outward Hound Back Pack: Last but not least, a BOB for your dog as well. We all love our animals and there is no reason they can’t carry their onw bottle of water, some food, and their shot records.
Remember, you don’t have to be a prepper to enjoy these items, but I can assure you that for a gift, any preppers would LOVE these items!!
Keepin It Spicy,
Please Visit Jalapeño Gal’s Survival Surplus