Do you enjoy our articles? Be sure to like American Preppers Network on facebook, and be a part of our community of over 140,000 fans!
By February 4, 2013 Read More →

APN Meetup Groups

Meetupmap

APN Meetup Map

The APN is now accepting applications from groups wishing to partner with us and be added to our National Meet Up Map and directory.

The Prepper movement is growing exponentially and because of this, new preppers are seeking out local groups to join, organize with, and learn from.  If there is no group in your area, or if a specific niche of survival, preparedness, or sustainable living skills hasn’t been filled in your area, and you would like to organize a group to teach, share, and learn survival, preparedness, and sustainable living, then we encourage you to fill out the application below.  Even if you already have an established group and would like to be listed and can meet our required criteria then let’s work together.

To be an APN partner group we ask that you and your group adhere to the following

1) Non-Discrimination.  The APN only wishes to partner with groups that are open and willing to accept members regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, economic status, orientation, nationality, political affiliation, etc….  Prepping is for everyone.  Divisive topics should be kept out of the meetings.  Groups should stick with good, sound preparedness and self-reliance skills, ideas, training, and workshops.  Avoid topics and discussions that could fracture or divide your membership.

2) No Anti-Government, or Hate groups.  While we support and embrace all of our constitutional rights, the APN does not want to partner with groups that can potentially tarnish the image of the prepper movement, nor do we want to veer off the topics of Survival, Preparedness, or Sustainable Living

3) Regarding Militia groups.  The APN strongly supports our 2nd amendment rights, however, the groups that we are helping to organize deal specifically with preparedness and sustainable living, not National Defense.  A militia is simply off topic to the venue of our website.  Also due to the OPSEC concerns of most militia groups, and the unwanted attention from government agencies, those groups would not mesh well with the very open nature of our map and public postings of scheduled meetups.  This does not, however, mean that Militia members can’t attend the meetups and discuss firearms and second amendment issues.  If your existing group is a Militia group, then consider creating an alternate prepper group that you can apply to have join our site.  Keep in mind, that many of our members who visit our site, do not wish to join a militia, so creating alternate group that deals specifically with preparedness topics would be better suit those peoples interests.

4) Regularly Scheduled Meetups.  Keep your groups active.  Who wants to attend a dead meet up?  Whether your group meets weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly, your group should stay consistent with the meet ups.  A great tip is to meet the same time and same place every time.  Consistency will help your group grow and be successful.  We only want to partner with groups that are active.  Non-active groups will be removed from our directories.

5) Reciprocate the promotion.  If accepted, we will be adding your group to our map, directory, and other venues.  We ask that you link to us as well.

In addition to including your group on our map and directories we will also add you to our email list so that we can notify you of any events that may take place in your area.  Likewise, when you have an event that needs to be posted, you will be able to notify your states APN blog moderator so that they can post your event on your states APN blog.

If wish to start a group, or think that your existing group can make the grade with the APN, then please submit the form below.

Note:  Some browsers may not display the sign up form below.  If you cannot see the form, then please go here

39 Comments on "APN Meetup Groups"

Inbound Links

1. APN Meetup Groups | CamoPreppers.com | February 12, 2013
  1. Jack Houston says:

American Preppers Network please check your messages

2. Jack Houston says:

American Preppers Network please check your messages

3. Ron Houston says:

Why no Militia groups?? We are not hate groups, racial, or radical fanatics. We simply believe in our Constitutional Rights and are willing to take a stand to protect ALL our citizens. I would appreciate an explanation of your reasoning behind this illogical decision to discriminate against Americans who love their country. Thank you.

• admin says:

I edited the article to further clarify. The APN has nothing against legitimate Militias. Yes, it is unfortunate that many white supremacist groups have tarnished the militia movement. But even still, legitimate non-hateful militia groups are off topic to what our site is about. The groups that we are wanting to promote on this site are groups that teach preparedness not national defense. There are ten times as many patriot, militia, and 2nd amendment groups and sites on the web than there are preparedness sites and most of those patriot and militia sites are fully capable of promoting militia groups.

What there is not enough of is preparedness groups that can teach preparedness to everyone no matter what their views of the second amendment are.

We are filling the niche of preparedness and sustainable living. Some of the people who attend these meetups want nothing to do with joining a militia so these groups need to be open to those kinds of people as well.

Now just because someone is a Militia member doesn’t mean they can’t join one of these preparedness meetup groups and talk about 2nd amendment issues. And even if you do have a Militia group and are wanting to have a group listed in this map and directory, then consider creating an alternate group specifically for preparedness topics and apply to have that group listed instead.

4. Ron Houston says:

5. Bryan Mondy says:

Rule 1, include everyone… Rule 2, exclude many. I guess this isn’t the page that I expected it to be. You really need to educate yourselves on WHAT exactly constitutes the militia.

• admin says:

A Militia is simply off topic to the kinds of groups we are partnering with. These are groups that deal with teaching preparedness, not national defense. They are (hopefully) open to accepting people of all ages, and gender. That pretty much rules out a Militia, as according to the U.S. code a militia is all able-bodied males between the ages of 17-45. These groups are open to women, families, and families who bring their children. These groups also should be open for people who want to learn preparedness but have no desire to join a militia. Again, I have nothing against a militia and fully support the 2nd amendment and my God given natural right to own any gun, but a militia is simply Off Topic to what we are promoting.

6. Bryan Mondy says:

7. There’s not one in M.S With all the rednecks down here you would think there would be some preppers other then me. and im from new york.

8. There are no groups in Ohio. That’s so weird!

9. It seems to me the reasoning is amply and clearly explained in point 2) and especially point 3). Furthermore, a simple procedure is given in 3) to accomodate any members of an organized unorganized militia group who want to form a prepping group. You should be good to go.

10. Ron Houston says:

James, it seems the wording has been changed for #3

• admin says:

The wording has changed and I mentioned that in the comments. The wording now better clarifies our intent with these groups

11. I see, well that certainly could explain things. I hope that the changed wording is satisfactory for everyone.

12. Samantha, have you thought about this?

13. Julie there should be a group in Ohio soon, it is in the works. :)

14. Cool! prepping is not a common practice as far as I know. I certainly don’t know anyone who does :) it would be nice to me others and get some good ideas. Thanks!

15. I’m noticing the lack of groups on the Utah/Idaho boarder. If people are interested in forming a group and applying with APN I would love to start a group.

16. I would be interested in helping form an APN Group in Utah.

17. I would be interested in helping form an APN Group in Utah.

18. Tom Mchatton says:

Eastern Oregon anyone ?

19. Kevin Burns says:

How about copperopolis ca.?

20. Hey all… It’s a shame there’s not a meet-up near you, but you know what that means… You have to opportunity to organize one yourself. Hey, surprise yourself! There might be folk just like you, near you, who were just waiting for someone to kick something off.

21. Kevin Burns says:

All the same ,we also need to screen the people we meet,I do not trust this administration.I do believe they will infiltrate to mess with us later.

22. Kemal Sırat says:

Well, I posted earlier in this comments thread and came back because I wanted you all to know how I did! I lost 45 lbs in 5 weeks and am keeping it off. The results speak for themselves. This product is life-changing – thank you,05

23. Carla Maire says:

Any preppers in the middle Tennessee/Northern Alabama area?

24. Jim Eldridge says:

Looking for preppers on the northshore in mass

25. curt says:

I personally, don’t want anything to do with any militia groups. I have a long history with them and after years of trying to find a group that has a sensible set of rules and sticks to them, I have discovered that 99% of them are made up of a few well meaning folks, led by MORONS. I have an extensive military background as well as training in counter terrorism, security, survival, and more and I really don’t have the time or patience to deal with a bunch of AR-15 toting idiots, who overnight have decided that they are all spec-ops. If I accept anyone into my circle, they will have to pass an MMPI test first. That is a Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory administered by a licensed Psychologist, that proves you are not a nutjob.

26. Is there started in Buffalo New York?

27. Is there started in Buffalo New York?

28. thomas heisler says:

Hello all i am attempting to start a family prepper group in amarillo/canyon area