German Chocolate Upside-down Cake
German Chocolate Upside-down cake is a huge hit in our household!!
- 1 ¼ of cup water
- ¼ cup of butter (Powdered butter may also be used. Conversion chart below.)
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 cup of flaked coconut
- 1 cup of slivered almonds
- 1 boxed German Chocolate cake mix
- 1½ cups of mini-marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Not necessary to grease pan.
- In a saucepan, combine 1 ¼ cup water and ¼ cup butter or margarine. Heat until butter melts, stir in brown sugar and coconut. Pour into ungreased 9×13 inch pan. Sprinkle marshmallows and nuts over top. Set aside.
- Mix the cake mix according to package directions. For our high altitude, add 1/3 cup flour to your cake mix and decrease the oil to ¼ cup. Carefully spoon the batter over coconut marshmallow mixture in pan.
- Bake 28-32 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Place pan on rack to cool for ten minutes, then invert onto platter for serving.
Sheri Bogden’s Bio
Sheri Bogden and her husband Mike moved to Island Park, Idaho four years ago to explore a simpler lifestyle. Log cabin-living in the picturesque forest community bordering Yellowstone requires a monthly trip to the “city” to stock up on supplies. Sheri began trying new recipes to avoid meals from becoming monotonous. Friends began requesting her recipes and for the past three years, the local paper has been publishing her weekly recipes. Sheri’s goal is to find healthy dishes that can be made with ingredients that are inexpensive and readily available.