There is nothing worse than sleeping with bedbugs. This tiny, oval and brownish insect is not less than a nightmare. It is a terrible thing to infest your mattress with this blood sucking tiny monsters. The bed is the most important place in your room where you come to rest, sleep and make love. A single Bedbug is enough to ruin your good night sleep and give you hard time resting.
If you want to get rid of bed bug from your mattress? Just follow below methods and enjoy back your sweet night sleep on your favorite mattress.
Use a bed bug trap
Make sure you shift your bed in the center of the room so that there is no physical contact between any other furniture and your bed. If your bed doesn’t have legs buy universal bed legs for your bed. Remember bed bugs cannot fly and the only way they can get to your bed is either crawling or jumping. This way the chance of infestation is reduced by 50%.
Now bring the trap, buy the Bedbug trap that has maximum ratings on the rating board. Place the trap beneath the bed legs and make sure they are properly placed. They will get trapped in the trap and then you can kill them as soon you spot them in the trap plate.
Steam the bedbug to death
This may sound cruel to you but after spending a night with them you can’ t be nice to these bugs ever. This is the most effective way of getting rid of the tiny monsters. Start by ripping off the mattress covers, sheets, and pillowcases. Throw them to wash and dryer and make sure to keep the temperature at 120 Fahrenheit for at least 30 minutes to ensure 100 % bug-free clothes.
Use a high-quality Streamer that would give steam heated heat up to 200 degrees. High temper and proper heating are must to kill these monsters and their resilient eggs. Spend good time heating up every inch. This way all the bedbugs and their eggs will be dead and no more a trouble to you. Cover the steamer with the cloth to ensure bedbug are not spread across the room by the steam force.
Use of Diatomaceous Earth powder
This is the most effective and natural way of killing the tiny living creatures that invaded your territory. Diatomaceous Earth is a powder that is made from the fossilized sea creatures called diatoms. Their bodies are primarily made up of silicon dioxide, therefore, it comes in contact with any insect body it absorbs its fat and oil living the insect dried from inside out.
Steps to use Diatomaceous Earth powder:
- Spread the even amount of powder all over your mattress, don’t leave any spot untouched as bedbug can move to safer areas to save their lives
- Make sure to take proper precaution like Goggles, Gloves, and Mask as it might affect you too
- Normally it takes 24 to 48 hours to get rid of bedbugs but keeping it for weeks can assure you 100 % guarantee
- Once the sprinkling process is done quickly put the mattress cover on it so that no tiny monster is left out, even consider sealing the zip areas
- You can find the various good quality mattress that is bedbug proof and you can use them regularly as they are soft to the skin and does not allow DE to pass through it.
These are the three natural and most effective ways to stay away from bedbugs. For the severe case of bed bugs, you should call out professional help.
Hope these tricks are helpful to you!