We always hear about storing games, cards and coloring books for the kids in our bug out locations or preps, but have you ever considered something for yourself? After a while board games and cards can get old and prepping doesn’t always have to be only about what you need, it can also be about what you want.
I had never heard of adult coloring books until a few weeks ago and I have been in love ever since. The difference is in the detail. These coloring pages are way more intricate and do take longer to color than an average childs coloring book. It has also been proven that these sorts of coloring pages help a person to de-stress and relax. (I can testify to that.) Something that will be much needed in the even of a natural or man made disaster.
Below is a video I made showing & reviewing (in detail) a few of the books I bought along with a review about different types of color pencils, markers and fine tip pens that you may want to pick up as well. Not only are these books an awesome idea to store in your preps, they are also great to take with you to the doctors office or anywhere you might have to wait. They are great for rainy days as well and spending time with your children. Lets face it, not all of us are good add crosswords or Sudoku. I will also add a list of the supplies used in this video along with links in case you want to order the supplies yourself.
- Mystical Mandala Coloring Book
- Tesselation Patterns Coloring Book
- Nature Mandalas Coloring Book
- Floral Designs 3-D coloring Book
- Secret Garden Coloring Book (Not shown in video but very popular.)
- Enchanted Forrest Coloring Book (Not shown in video but extremely popular)
- 25 Stabilo Fine Tip Pens With Roll up Bag
- 36 Staedtler Colored Pencils
- Artist Loft Colored Pencils
- Staedtler Pencil Sharpener
- Paper Stumps
- BIC Mark-It Ultra Fine Tip Markers (My favorites by far)
- BIC Mark-It Fine Tip Markers (My favorites by far)
- 50 Pack of Crayola Markers, Walmart
- Artist Loft Blender Pen
- Retractable Eraser
I really hope you enjoy countless hours of mind relaxing coloring and be proud of your work! it’s all you!!
Keepin It Spicy,