Pests are the most common problems for majority of the homes. It is definite that sooner or later everyone is affected by pests and in the near future pest control is going to be a major threat for the mankind. These are much annoying creatures as they are omnisciently present everywhere, whether it be a kitchen or bathroom or even outdoor garden. As a result, it is necessary to take some of the preventive measures for controlling the pest growth. So, let us have a look on some of the common pests and preventive measures listed out by Pest Control Company in Melbourne to be taken in order to thwart its growth:
Eggs are pearly white and are only 1mm in length. The first stage immature bed bugs are just 1mm in length. The first stage immature bed bugs are just 1mm in length and are translucent and pale in colour. These bugs go through 5 developmental stages that become larger with each stage. The bites of bed bugs could cause itching and inflammation.
- Discard all the infested items or seal them in plastic and leave them in the centre of the room.
- Seal all the bedding in the plastic bags and wash them with hot-water or dry-clean them.
- Making arrangements for the chamber treatments by the professionals.
The adult beetles are brown to reddish having the head tucked under the overhanging pronotum with the antennas. Its infestations could destroy both foods as well as non-food items. Small amounts of the infested foods could quickly result in the major infestations.
- Do not ever store large quantities of dried food products for longer periods of time.
- One should check the bulk food carefully and also discard the dried flowers or any of the craft items at the first sight of infestation.
- One should be aware of the rodent problems as they may lead to beetle infestations.
The carpenter ants vary in size from 1/8 inch to ½ inch and are in black or in combination of black and red colours. The antenna is segmented without a club and the thorax lacks the spine. They usually mine the woods and create tunnels as well as chambers to create a living space that usually damages the wooden furniture.
- Inspecting the plants as the plant pests attract the carpenter ants.
- One should trim back the shrubs and trees that are outgrown in the lawns.
Silverfish are the wingless and are having flattened teardrop/carrot/fish-shaped body. They have three long, bristle-like or tail-like appendages at the rear end of the body. They are responsible for damaging variety of materials like clothing, papers, books and many more things.
- One should avoid storing books or papers in the humid spaces.
- One should use desiccant package for reducing humidity in the storage boxes.
- As silverfish travel for food, they may be far from home.
Fleas are small insects that are laterally flattened and brown to black or gray in colour. They are usually wingless having long hind legs for jumping and live on the blood of other animals, including humans.
- Pay attention towards the pets and watch as how much they scratch themselves.
- Determine where the fleas are active and take steps to reduce the presence of fleas on your areas.
However, along with above listed pests there are many different types of pests that are around us. Some of them include different types of cockroaches and spiders too. In this post, one could get an idea as to how to get rid from some of the pets and how to control their growth.
Daniel is working with Pest Control Company in Melbourne since past few years and is a professional blogger too. Here he is sharing a brief guide on preventing and controlling growth of pests.