As the season quickly approaches we are once again left with the question, “What do I get someone who is a prepper?” In this article I will give some suggestions that I personally love and have found to be satisfactory as well as some of the popular items that made last years top seller list. Please feel free to add items you love in the comments below to help our fellow preppers and family members decide on an amazing gift!!
Stanley Steel Adventure Camp Cup: Anyone can be a seasoned outdoors man with this simple, smart cook set. Cook in the stainless pot. Eat out of the two 10oz cups included inside. Tailgate, campsite, fishing, approved.
- Vented lid lets you cook on camp stoves or grills
- Locking handle extends for cooking, folds to save space
- 18/8 stainless steel won’t rust-naturally BPA-free
- Two Nesting 10oz/295mL insulated cups included
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime Warranty
Stanley Steel Camp Cook Pot/Set: This 1.5L Prep Stanley Cook Set brings the ease of indoor cooking outdoors, so you can prepare your favorite meals anywhere you roam. The set comes with large bowls, a stock pot, a spatula and a ladle. The bowls feature two lids that can double as cutting boards. The spatula and ladle are both made from melt-resistant materials and feature an extending handle to keep you safe while cooking over the fire. All pieces in the camping cookware set are scratch resistant and nest together for simple and compact transport.1 – 1.58Qt/1.5L pot + vented lid.Prep kit brings ease of indoor cooking outdoors (INCLUDES: spatula + ladle). Scratch resistant, rustproof 18/8 stainless steel pots + vented lids are built durable and BPA-free.Nesting system saves space when packing and storing. Weight:1.8 lbs
Mr. Heater Buddy: I have found, as well as many others, that this heater works wonderfully in emergencies as well as the hunting shack for my husband. I personally feel everyone should own one. With a larger heating surface, fold-down handle, swivel-out fuel connection, and an easy-start four-position control, Mr. Heater sets the new standard for portable radiant heating comfort. With its low-oxygen shut-off and tip-over safety shut-off systems, this heater provides safe, reliable heat anytime, anywhere. My favorite feature is the low oxygen safety shut off. (However we still crack a window to be safe.) This heater also comes with an attachment so that you can use a large propane tank VS the camper size tanks and comes in a Big Buddy Size that heats larger areas.
- Two heat settings: 4,000 & 9,000 BTU/HR
- Fold-down handle reduces storage space
- Four position control with built-in Piezo igniter off and lo/hi heat settings
- High temperature wire guard
- Swivel regulator for easy LP cylinder and hose installation
- Large durable porcelain coated heating surface directs radiant heat over wider area
- Low-oxygen safety shut-off (ODS) and tip-over safety shut-off
Excalibur 2500 Food Dehydrator: This dehydrator is awesome for that person who loves to preserve foods for their family! It has a built-in thermometer and fan along with a 5 year warranty. This is the perfect gift for the one who loves to preserve food for food storage. If you’re looking for something a little more traditional that uses solar power VS electricity the Food Pantry Hanging Dehydrator made by Food Pantry is an alternative.
Katadyn Micro Pro Micro Water Filter: This filter is one of the bestselling micro filters on the market. It is perfect for camping and hiking. It is lightweight and small and you can filter water directly from a stream or river. This product will filter 200 gallons of water at an affordable cost.
SOL 2 Person Survival Blanket is the he most advanced emergency blanket on the market – meticulously designed never to fail when you’re counting on it with your life. It all starts with the material – vacuum-metabolized polyethylene reflects 90% of your body heat while also offering a number of other important features that set it apart from traditional Mylar blankets: it opens easily and will not shred if nicked or punctured, rips and tears can be repaired, it is quiet and won’t crinkle in high winds, and its high-visibility orange exterior makes it easy for rescuers to find you. Plus, survival tips and techniques are printed directly on the blanket so you have them when you need them. Sized to fit two people.Great Stocking Stuffer or any gift all throughout the year. I personally keep this in my vehicle,
SOL Emergency Escape Bivvy: The complaint with most ultralight emergency shelters is the same, condensation builds up inside as you get warm, leaving your clothes soaking wet. With the Escape Bivvy, condensation is no longer an issue, and you never again have to choose between staying dry and staying warm. The proprietary fabric lets moisture escape at the same time that it keeps rain, snow, and wind on the outside all while reflecting your body heat back to you. Waterproof seams plus a drawstring hood closure and side zip mean you can seal out the elements entirely or use the bivvy like a traditional sleeping bag, and the high-visibility orange exterior makes it easy for rescuers to spot you even in areas with high tree cover. They also have a 2 person Bivvy or it can be used for a larger person as well.
US Military Issued 4 piece Modular Sleep System: Every prepper needs a sleeping bag system to keep them warm in emergencies or while camping/hunting. This US Military Issued, 4 piece modular system is perfect for just that. Green Patrol Bag, Black Intermediate Bag, Gortex Bivy Cover, 6 or 9 strap Compression Stuff Sack. Complete set with proper ECWCS clothing layers can protect user from up to -50 degree temperatures.
158 Piece Emergency First Aid Responder Kit: This 158pc. comprehensive responder kit contains essential first aid supplies needed in a medical emergency. This 100 denier cordura semi-rigid bag with handle, shoulder strap, side pockets, main compartment has removable divider & pocket, lid has zippered pouch, buckle closure, business card holder, includes CPR devices, dressings, bandages, tapes, bio-hazard bag, gloves and more. Plus, there’s still room for your own personal medical supplies. There is a list of the supplies in the comment section of the product following the link.
Helpful Review:This is one of the most comprehensive first aid kits I have seen. I keep mine in my truck for emergencies and field work. I has absorbent pads from 2″x2″ up to one that covers the entire abdomen. The case (bag)is made from very durable material that can really take a beating. Even has a shoulder strap for easy carrying. It does not take up a lot of room. Mine stores under the back seat of my F150 Super Crew Cab. I would recommend it to anyone from an EMT to household use. Feel very confident in purchasing this item.
Mason Jar Oil Lamp Burners: Convert your Mason Jars into conventional oil lamps! These come in a pack of four and are lids that fit on mason jars to turn them into oil lamps for when the electricity is out and you need to see. For any canner these are a perfect gift because they always have jars. If the person you wish to give these to is or isn’t a prepper you can add some jars and a jug of lamp oil and your good to go for light when the power fails. Another idea: Last year I bought a case of 12 mason jars ($15.00), 12 of the Mason Jar Oil Lamp Lids ($70.00), and 12 Jugs of lamp oil ($96.00) and made 12 gift lamps for 12 people and all for about $180.00 in supplies. You can’t beat that if you have multiple people to buy gifts for. You can of course omit the oil and your cost drops to $76.00 for 12 gifts for 12 people. (Note: These are not a good idea for those living in earth quake zones.)
Casio PR270-1: This incredible watch is perfect for the man or woman who wants a tough water resistance, solar power, low temperature resistant (-10c/14f), digital compass with bearing memory altimeter, barometer, thermometer; sunrise & sunset data.
The Solar Powered PRG270 which incorporates Casio’s Triple Sensor Version 3 engine. Advanced CASIO original technology has allowed for a 95% smaller direction sensor and 90% reduction in sensor power consumption compared to previous models. Despite their smaller size, the new sensors in this model delivers better accuracy and energy efficiency. This model can measure Altitude in 1m increments (previously 5m) and display compass readings with 60-seconds of continuous measurement (previously 20 seconds). In addition to the altimeter and digital compass, the watch’s Barometer, incorporates a unique Barometric Pressure Tendency Alarm that alerts the wearer to sudden changes in pressure readings. Design features include a case designed for outdoor gear performance. Large side buttons and one-press access to digital compass, barometric pressure and altitude, and temperature readings keep important information at your fingertips. Other features include Tough Solar, 100-meter water resistance, and more. Everything about these models is designed and engineered to make them essential pieces of outdoor gear. Black resin band digital with neutral face.
Leather Man 830040 New Wave Multi-tool With Sheath: This tool has so many specs I can’t name them here, but you can read them all when you click the link. I do not know a man who does not love and respect Leather man tools.
Go Girl Female Urination Device: For the times when we don’t want to squat, or just don’t want the mess of it. A travel’ easy Holder for your Go Girl. The SIS Kit comes with an Original Go Girl Female Urnination Device in Lavender, plus an SIS Waterproof Beach, Pool & Waterporst Mini Tote Holder which is lightweight Holder and comes with a neck lanyard, 3 moist towelette wipes, and 3 additional baggies. Holder replaces Go Girl Tube, Holder app size is 4.5″x1.5″
Charge Anywhere – Plug it into the wall to charge and take with you – or – If you’re in an emergency situation, utilize the solar panel feature to charge the internal battery of the SOLAR-5. Captures light from the sun efficiently to provide endless power to your devices! Note: When solar charging ensure the device is receiving unobstructed, direct sun for efficient charging.
Highest Quality Materials – The best environmentally friendly silicone protects from rain, dirt, and shock/drops. It uses lithium polymer batteries with 5000 mAh. Equipped with over-charge protection system. Over 1000+ recharge lifecycle.
Stylish design – Designed for all walks of life. From the rugged outdoorsman to the business professional. Compact design makes it comfortable in your hand and fit perfectly in your pocket.
LED Indicator Lights – Easy to read Solar Charging indicator light to let you know that your charger is charging using solar energy. It has 4 power indicators (25%, 50%, 75%, 100%) so you know how much power is available.
Compatibility – Compatible with most USB-Charged devices such as iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung phones, other Android mobile phones, cameras, Kindles etc.
12 Piece Water Bath Canner Set: This set is wonderful for a beginner or someone who needs a new set. If you love jams and jellies for your food storage this is perfect! Canning is an economical way to preserve fresh quality foods at home while retaining their important vitamins and nutrients. The right equipment is essential to ensure a quality product and Granite Ware offers all the basics for blanching produce for the freezer or for cold pack canning.
- 12-piece canning kit includes
- 21-quart canner and lid.
- Chrome jar rack that can hold up to 7 1-quart jars (jars not included).
- 9-inch colander for washing and draining foods.
- 7-1/2-quart blancher pot and lid with drainer insert for preparing produce to store in the freezer or for cold-pack canning.
- 5 pc tool set: a lid wrench that easily opens screw-on jar caps; a funnel that fits both regular and wide-mouth jars; a pair of tongs, a jar lifter, and a magnetic lid lifter to safely remove hot jars and lids after they’ve been sterilized in boiling water. All tools come with coated ends for secure grip.
- Durable enamel-on-steel construction heats quickly and efficiently
- Side loop handles help ensure safe, secure transport; coated stay-cool tool handles
- Domed lid with loop handle helps trap in heat for faster boiling
- Safe to use on both gas and electric stovetops; hand wash
All American Pressure Canner: This heavy-duty pressure cooker’s large capacity is probably best utilized for canning (though it would also be great for a number of cooking tasks). A pressure cooker is generally recommended when canning vegetables and nonacid fruit, since the high heat that can be generated will kill more bacteria than a regular hot water bath. Made from cast aluminum, with sturdy screws to seal the lid to the pot, this pressure cooker requires no rubber or plastic gaskets or rings. Its 21-1/2-quart capacity holds 19 pint jars or 7 quart jars. A three-setting pressure regulator valve is included, and the pressure gauge gives a clear reading. Made in Wisconsin, this is an American classic.
US Army Special Forces Medical Handbook: A little different from a first aid hand book this includes information on the Body System, Communicable Diseases, Airway Obstructions and CPR; Mental Disorders; Nutrition; Pediatrics; Gynecology; Obstetrics; Orthopedics; Burns; Heat and Cold Injuries; Snake, Animal and Insect Bites; Overdoses and poisoning; Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Weapons; Shock; Emergency War Surgery; Anesthesia; IV therapy; Dental Emergencies and Treatment; Preventative medicine; Veterinary Medication; and more.
- A must for any emergency toolkit, Bug Out Bag, or just hanging out at the beach, the WR-335 combines multiple emergency features into one compact package.
- The WR-335 is a Digital AM/FM/Shortwave NOAA Weather Alert Radio, a powerful LED flashlight, siren, and cell phone, MP3, MP4, Amazon KindleTM, Apple IpodTM, IpadTM, IPhoneTM and USB charger, all in one portable package. Also includes and AC adapter.
- The WR-335 is a six way charger – charge from a USB device (computer), AC or wall power (included), DC or car charger (optional), 3xAAA batteries (not included), hand crank, or solar panel.
- The WR-335 utilizes a powerful, non-proprietary LR18650 3.7V/2200 mAh rechargeable lithium ion battery to provide lasting emergency power. This battery can easily be replaced after years of service.
- The WR-335 high quality digital tuner provides assured access to news, weather information and illumination whenever and wherever you need it. Also includes five preset channels.
- Liquid paraffin, odorless and smokeless
- Definite home emergency item
- Packaged with a plastic storage cap, so you won’t have to worry about messy spills
- Thoughtful neighbor, friend, or family gift
- Very safe source of light
Some VERY Good reading material is Bobby Akart’s newly released book listed below:
And last but not least.…..for the children and adult colorist out there. We need some things to pass the time as well. These are a few of my favorite adult coloring books and pencils.
- The Secret Garden by Johanna Basford: Hours and hours of coloring her magical secret garden!
- The Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford: Her enchanted forest is even more magical than her lovely secret garden! This magical coloring book takes colorists through an enchanted forest to discover what lies in the castle.
- The Lost Ocean by Johanna Basford: With Lost Ocean, Johanna Basford invites color-inners of all ages to discover an enchanting underwater world hidden in the depths of the sea. Readers will meet shoals of exotic fish, curious octopi, and delicately penned seahorses. Visit coral reefs and barnacle-studded shipwrecks, discover intricate shells and pirate treasure. Secret Garden and Enchanted Forest fans and newcomers alike will welcome this creative journey into an inky new world.
- Animorphia, An extreme coloring and search challenge : Bring your creativity to complete the breath-taking drawings and find hidden treasures and creatures scattered throughout its pages.
- Doodle Invasion Volume 1: This big sized coloring book is a challenge for all ages. If you are a fanatic doodler and obsessed with filling in and coloring doodles then this is definitely for you. Or you can just admire the detailed art. The book is filled with 50 unique and extremely detailed work of art by the master of doodles Kerby Rosanes.
- Prisma Colors Premiers: These are artist grade pencils that are longed for by many. Soft and creamy led that is PERFECT for shading and blending with 150 VIBRANT colors to choose from.
- Crayola Colored Pencils 50 count set (2 packs): These are one of the more popular brands of hard led colored pencils. Great for kids and beginner colorist. However, if you want to practice shading and blending I recommend the prisma colors listed above. (For one 50 count back of crayolas click here.)
- Crayola Bundle Pack: 8 Items,Crayola Broad Line Markers (10 count), Crayola Fine Line Markers (10 count), Crayola Crayons (24 count), Crayola Color Pencils (12 count),Schoolworks Kids Scissors (red – 1 pair), #2 Pencils (4 count),Elmer’s Washable Disappearing Glue Sticks (6 count), Elmer’s Washable School Glue 4 oz. This Crayola coloring kit is amazing value for the price, with crayola coloring pencils, crayola markers, and crayons perfect for melted crayon art!
- Crayola 80 Fine Tip marker set
- Fiskars 48 Piece Gel Pen Set: Gel pens are great for all ages but especially teenagers. they seem to love these. I personally love using them for doodle invasion and animorphia.
- 24 count Sharpie Marker set: Who doesn’t love sharpies? Enough said. 🙂
- Staedtler Tri plus Fine-liners: Fine-liners are great for small details that some markers and pencils just can’t get. I have also found that these do not bleed on heavier paper. A great addition to any colorist collection.
This should be a great start to getting that prepper, hunter or camper you love a wonderful present for the holidays or anytime just to say I love you.
Keepin It Spicy,
This article first appeared on American Preppers Network and may be copied under the following creative commons license. All links and images including the CC logo must remain intact.