Now if you are the victim, You will have to pay.
Watch who hits you in California because there are now taxes popping up called “Crash Taxes” where even you the victim will have to pay a tax when someone else hits you.
Of all the laws I’ve seen, ranging from fining people who sleep in their cars to fining people who are simply asking for spare change, this has got to be the most extreme I have ever heard of. No doubt a blatant attack on our rights as citizens of this country. Don’t be a victim or you will pay.
California motorists beware: a growing number of local governments are out to drain more money from your wallet – this time if you are unfortunate enough to be in an auto accident within their jurisdictions.
The new money-making ploy is commonly called an accident or crash tax. These levies vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. But in many cases the taxes are imposed on non-residents regardless of who is at fault. So the bottom line is out-of-town motorists are victimized twice – once by being hit by a local driver and then by being taxed to pay for dispatched emergency equipment and personnel.
This scheme is not only sweeping California, but it is also growing in a number of other states. In fact, it has become so onerous that several states have banned local governments from imposing the crash tax. These states include Arkansas, Oklahoma and Florida.
Prompting the ban is concern that the local programs often result in double taxation since residents are already paying property taxes for such services. And for non-residents, it’s taxation without representation since they have no say in the ordinances imposing the crash taxes.
In every respect, it is simply unfair to tax accident victims. Read More Here…
Does it sound like we are reaching a state of tyranny yet?
We are nearing the end of the economic road here folks. These kinds of underhanded tactics are sweeping the nation from town to town, city to city. Counties, Cities, States and even the Federal government are passing legislation, bills, levies, taxes, schemes, fines, laws, and you name it, they are passing it in order to fund their overextended budgets. They are doing everything they can to sap money from an already broke populace. No doubt legislators haven’t heard the term “You can’t squeeze blood out of a turnip”
We know that the political process is completely broken beyond repair and that all the letters, phone calls and emails will do very little if anything to make change. The only way to make change is to hit them in the pocketbook. (no pun intended) When they are completely broke with no way to borrow and no way to tax they will have no choice but to change.
What can you do? Well, many people have suggested many things, and some of those ideas could probably work. I won’t list them here except for these 2 because I’m going to assume you are law abiding citizens.
1) Obey every single law that you can. Drive the speed limit, wear your seat belts, don’t run red lights, don’t talk on the cell phone while driving, and the whole nine yards. Don’t allow them to use fines as a source of revenue.
2) If and when you do get fined, appear in court and tell the judge you don’t have the money to pay and go ahead and accept the jail time. However, do this only if you are ready and willing to accept the time just in case you really do get sent to jail. (save your earned vacations) But, quite often what will happen, is they’ll throw the case out. Remember, the reason they are passing these laws is because they DO NOT have the money to enforce them…these are revenue generating laws. Remember you do have the right to accept jail time in lieu of paying the fine. Understanding that they are broke, the more people who do this the less time (if any) that anyone will spend in jail. They simply cannot (in most cases) afford to keep you there. Think of all the violent criminals that they are letting out early because of the overcrowding…do you think they are going to keep a bunch people in jail for traffic infractions? Don’t pay the fine.
There is one more option to hit these politicians and municipalities in the pocket book it’s also completely legal and ethical: Unplug yourself from the system (at least as much as you possibly can).
Work less, pay less
- If you are living a lifestyle that allows you to work minimum wage, then do it. Remember it’s something like 40% of Americans who actually pay taxes in this country…Become one of the 60% who don’t, and increase those numbers to 80% or more.
- Live more sustainably and within your means.
- Drive as little as possible so you don’t pay as much in fuel taxes. If you can ride a bike, do it…not to go green, but to hit them in the pocket book.
- If you can live the trailer park or full time camping or RV lifestyle, then do it. Don’t pay the property taxes. If you do feel the need to own a home, then own as cheep and small of a home as possible…they assess taxes based on property value. If you do intend to keep your home and plan to never sell, then do whatever you legally and ethically can to drive your property value down. Do you really need that addition or even fresh coat of paint? sound counter productive? I think not, not if it saves you money.
- Quit smoking if you possibly can. (there’s a reason they don’t want to outright ban tobacco…it makes them too much tax money)
- Quit drinking if you can…or make your own. As far as I know you can legally brew your own beer most places in this country. Remember, don’t let them get the tax revenue.
- Do you really need all those ATV’s, boats, etc… If you can sell them, then do, or at least park them and let the tags expire. Vehicle registrations are a big money maker. Drive older cars especially if you live in a state that bases registration costs on the value of the car.
- Do you need that new TV, that new video, or that new whatever toy? Don’t buy it. Avoid the sales tax every way that you can. Remember after 9/11 Bush told us to go out and spend our money for the economy? What good did that do for us? Hit them in the pocket book and refuse to contribute to anything that generates sales tax revenue. Shop at garage sales whenever possible..that’s how you can help your local economy and keep money flowing to your friends and neighbors who need it most. Buy from them, not the big chain stores.
- Food. Many states impose sales tax on food…don’t contribute. Start a garden. Even those states that don’t tax food, they do tax the big chain grocery stores that sell it to you through their property and income taxes, Not to mention the federal government taxes their revenue….Don’t let them get the income. Grow your own, Can your own, Store your own. Keep the money at home.
- Credit cards. Cut them up. Pay cash. Don’t let the credit card companies profiteer off you and surely don’t let the Federal Government get income taxes from them.
- If you are financially stable then work less whenever you possibly can and stay home…spend time with your family. If you do entertain yourselves, then do it it ways that doesn’t contribute to the tax base.
All socialistic systems fail when the worker bees refuse to produce. ” Don’t be a bee” don’t feed their system…starve it. It will fail and they’ll be forced to make real change.